Job Description: Dental Assistant / Patient Services
The team at O’Connor Dental Care is growing, and we’re looking for a dental assistant to join our family-run practice. We have proudly served our patients for over 40 years, and we’re looking for someone to help us continue to preserve our legacy while taking the business to the next level.
Here are a few of the benefits you can enjoy when you join the O’Connor Dental Care Team:
- A family-style environment
- Paid Holidays and Vacation
- Medical Insurance
- Team Building Events
- Continuing Education Opportunities
The Dental Assistant works with the dentist to ensure patients have the best possible experience during their visit. You’re responsible for ensuring patients are relaxed and at ease while in the chair, assisting the dentist during procedures, as well as helping to set up, clean, and sterilize in-between appointments.
Our team takes a lot of pride in how our office looks and operates, and we’re looking for someone who shares that same mentality.
- Assisting chairside
- Updating patient records
- Taking patient impressions or x-rays
- Assisting with lab tasks (as needed)
- Assisting with front office duties, as needed (answering phones, scheduling patients, etc.)
If you are the Dental Assistant we’re looking for, YOU…
- Are an excellent communicator
- Are both friendly and professional, with the ability to make patients feel comfortable – even when they’re nervous or stressed
- Are extremely organized and love maintaining a clean working environment
- Are comfortable on the computer, particularly with Eaglesoft
- Know dental terminology, procedures, and coding
- Are a team player, and not above jumping in to handle other responsibilities, as is sometimes needed in a small business team
- Cool under pressure, able to adapt to changes quickly
- Dental: 1 year (required)
- Minimum 1-year experience with Eaglesoft Dental Practice Management Software
- High school or equivalent (required)
Licenses and Certifications:
- X-ray (required)
- Dental radiology (required)
- CDA/RDA (preferred)
- Fort Thomas, KY
About the position:
- This is a full-time job, Mon-Fri, 8:30-5:30 (yes, we do see patients on Fridays!)
- Paid holidays, vacation, and sick days.
- Medical insurance and Retirement plan available
- $17-23 per hour, depending on experience
How to apply:
- Please contact Drew Schwegman at 859-208-2998 after business hours (after 6 pm EST) Monday-Friday to learn more about the position
- Contact information- firstname.lastname@example.org
After applying, you will receive an assessment that we need to have completed in order to move forward in the process.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $17.00 – $23.00 per hour
We have taken all precautionary measures recommended by the ADA, OSHA, and CDC.